23 juli 2012

Bitter Victory

Bitter Victory (1957) with Richard Burton. Filmed between Curse of Frankenstein and Horror of Dracula. Synopsis as follows: A romantic triangle between one female and two male caracters in the film. It culminates in murder and is set against the background of the North African campaign in WWII.

Lee comments: "The only film I ever worked on in the whole of my life that I instantly wanted to leave after one day of shooting. A nightmare - there's no other word for it. Everybody got the parts they either didn't want or somebody else wanted. I was told all the time not to bring any British Army nonsense into my part. It was very strange."

You can see Lee in this clip - right at the start and then some.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.